Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Senior Trip! (from May)

I've got quite a backlog of photos to share, as recently I've been directing my energy into a number of other activities. I'm going to try to bring this blog up to date with some semblance of chronology.

Here are a few I missed in May, when some UNI friends coordinated our own low-budget "senior trip", camping an hour or so outside of the city in Harold Parker State Forest. The crew (5 recent UNI grads and a dog) was really accommodating coordinating with me and my crutches. I had a great time even though I had to play Boggle instead of go hiking.



I love this first picture of Ari and Afzal setting up our tent. You can see how beautiful the site is, and Afzal looks so serious about putting the thing together correctly. And then there's Ari, just cracking up as she waits for him to turn around and notice that the tent is slowly tipping over. Also implicit in this photograph is the fact that I was sitting around goofing off with my camera, laughing quietly at their efforts to set up a sleeping space for us before the sun set.


This beautiful family of geese swam past our campsite on the lake.


Editing through these I remember how frustrated I was that I couldn't climb lower on the rocks lakeside to get closer and a better angle (less space between the creatures and the foliage). I miss mobility all the time, but especially shooting where it's so essential. Even though they were just cute pictures of geese. Soon, soon, I'll be training for Triathlons and so forth.

No comments: