Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another video edit



Here's one I edited yesterday at Jacksonville.com. I was proud that I resisted the urge to just let her interview track the piece underneath B-roll. That would have been fine, but I think the use of natural sound (throughout, but especially in the beginning, where I used a speech she was making to the 'soldiers' instead of to the reporter) make it a much stronger piece. I've basically memorized the great advice in this blog post about video editing so I remind myself of it whenever I sit down to edit a piece and feel the temptation to start off with "My name is..."

Of course, I couldn't have done any of this if Bob Self hadn't shot it so well... Props to him, another great T-U photog, still getting used to video, who somehow managed to get all these shots with no tripod.

No comments: