Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sports Action & Sports Feature

Sports photos I shot for a weekly assignment in my Portfolio class.


(April 19, 2008-Boston, Mass.)
Sal Daher, 52, from Weston, stretches before a Squash game on Saturday morning at Boston Racquet Club. He joined the club in February of 2002. "This saved my life," he said, "without it I'd weigh 400 pounds."
(Photo by Sarah Beth Glicksteen)



(April 19, 2008-Boston, Mass.)
Johnny Iodice, 27, a trainer at Boston Racquet Club makes a serve during a Squash game against former trainee Jim Fox on Saturday morning.
(Photo by Sarah Beth Glicksteen)



[EDIT: I added two more from this shoot.] I like the shape of Johnny Iodice's legs and the lines on the court in this first one.


This is just a nice moment. John Fox, who you see here, had quite a few years on his former trainer and his shirt was covered in sweat even though Johnny, well, wasn't quite sweating. Fox won the match, though! It's always fun to shoot people who can laugh at themselves, and these guys were great.

No comments: