Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just Thom.

I live right across the street from the Planned Parenthood in Allston. There are often anti-abortion protesters on the sidewalk outside (not closer than 35 feet to the clinic entrance thanks to last year's buffer zone law), so it often looks like a circus to me. It's not unusual to see people waving signs, flyers and dolls, or shouting at each other on the sidewalk at any given time.

On April 12, though, this guy Thom was balancing on his double-decker bike in front of the place and I just had to grab his photo on my way out the door. At the time I didn't have time to run across the street to get his name, but since it's Allston, I ran into him on the street on up near Twin Donuts on Saturday night and he was friendly enough about chatting with me (though insisted his name was "just Thom".) He seemed excited about the photo, but I doubt he'll remember the name of my blog.

No comments: