Wednesday, April 23, 2008

a passing feeling and a fair lawn.

I shot this the morning after the last A Passing Feeling show when a bunch of us woke up after sleeping about an hour and a half on this floor in their Brooklyn loft. I like it because of the negative space, the diffused window light, the prominence of James's 80's abstract vagina painting on the wall, and because despite the rough night of sleep and the small size of their faces in the shot, you can tell that everyone is smiling.

I snapped this on the way to a second-night Passover Seder in Fair Lawn, New Jersey. Believe it or not, I didn't do much to alter the colors: the dusk was kind of eerie like this. I liked the fire hydrant, the fallen flowers all over the front yard, and the warm light coming from inside.

No comments: