Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Reflections on Travel (1 of 2)

These are some things I saw in mirrors and windows as I moved from place to place last summer.

A passenger enjoying the view on a train from Villach, Austria to Ljubljana, Slovenia. This young man was sitting a few cars over from us, and I couldn't stop photographing him. His eyes seemed to see the world as a place of beauty, filled with endless opportunity. (There's another frame of him in the portraits section of my new website).

Passengers napping away an afternoon bus ride.

In front of me on the same bus, where the people in the last picture were napping, there sat a group of Spanish teenage girls. They kept giggling and singing and throwing their hands up in the air. I was hoping to capture their energy and spirit of adventure in the reflection of their hands against the mountain view.

Sunset in the window of a rooftop café in Ljubljana. You could see the whole city from here.

My friends Vali, Safia and Bobby, and also a stranger checking herself in a window in Brasov, Romania.

That's me, shooting a self-portrait in a cluttered window in Bucharest, Romania.

No comments: