Sunday, October 10, 2010

Balloon Sunrise in Cappadocia

Here are some outtakes from a story I stumbled upon last summer in Cappadocia about a hot-air balloon pilot school. During our visit to Cappadocia, my friend and I were tempted to take a hot-air balloon ride, but we were discouraged by the price tag. I decided to wake up before sunrise to jealously watch the balloons take off. I met some balloon pilots-in-training who let me tag along with them for a good part of their lessons that morning. They were a lot of fun. The first picture here, (featuring my canine friend) is on entry on my newly-redesigned website, SBGlicksteen.com. You'll find the whole package under Vignettes.

This gorgeous spectacle happens every morning just outside Goreme, Turkey. The local stray dog seems impressed. But maybe that's just projection.

Balloon silhouette. I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit jealous of all those passengers.

Photographer's shadow picture.

Pretty things in front of pretty things.

No comments: