Saturday, August 15, 2009

In the interest of saving time

I wish I would have had time to clean up the background and change lenses, but they literally finished the job like clockwork, exactly as I arrived from another assignment (at 2:58, as shown). I wanted to share this photo because it shows Greensburg so well. The courthouse clock, a focal point of downtown, had read 1:10 ever since I started working here. As of yesterday it keeps correct time and chimes summer songs three times a day. My grandpa would have loved this.



Greg Barsoum, Facilities Engineer with the Westmoreland Cultural Trust, inspects repairs on the clock in front of the courthouse in downtown Greensburg on August 14, 2009. Funding to repair the clock, which had read 1:10 for the past four or five months, came from the county commissioners. The project was a collaboration between the city, the county, and the Westmoreland Cultural Trust, Barsoum said. It was repaired on Friday to keep correct time and to chime at 8am, noon, and 4pm daily. It will play a variety of seasonal music, starting with summer songs.
(Sarah Beth Glicksteen/Tribune-Review)

No comments: