Tuesday, April 14, 2009

thesis day parade

I've put my blog on the back burner as I worked toward my thesis defense today. I biked through falling confetti to get to it. You can't make these things up.

It went very well, much thanks to my all-star committee. As I told them before I got all defensive, it's been quite a journey for me as a student and as a journalist over these past 5 years, a journey on which they've acted guides for me in many ways. I can't thank them enough for their support.



Joe Lippincott (holding my thesis!), Karla Vallance, Tony Barrand.



Some confetti swept up against the curb on Comm Ave, outside FedEx/Kinko's on this beautifully sunny day.



More stray confetti on campus. It was really thoughtful of BU to throw me a parade for my thesis defense. I'll share more on the thesis itself in the future--for now, you can get a pretty good idea of the content from the word cloud I made of the entire text of the paper:

No comments: