Thursday, November 27, 2008

BAAM: Radical Caroling, for Holiday Shoppers

Here's a second edit of the package I produced for our last radio class. I wanted to put it up today, while it's still timely.

It's from the Boston Anti-Authoritarian Movement's rehearsal for their annual tradition of radical caroling. BAAM, or those I've met, are a lively and open group of friendly people. Always a pleasure to do my homework in front of a wood-burning stove at a vegan potluck. Listen and decide for yourself, but I kinda dug their message.

Also, a couple quick google searches didn't show any other news outlets reporting on anything similar. Breaking news from SBG!

One of the newscasters introduced it on WTBU with this script I wrote:
Heading to Newbury Street or the Prudential Center to start your holiday shopping this Friday? Well, some local anarchists want you to think twice about consumer culture. And they're making a whole song and dance about it. WTBU's Sarah Beth Glicksteen has the story.


(Press play above to listen.)

No comments: