Monday, October 13, 2008

Finding Nemo In Rhode Island


Alicia Lenci holds up a butterflyfish she caught while snorkeling off the coast of Rhode Island. (Me!/The Christian Science Monitor)

Check out the audio slideshow I did on tropical fish that follow the Gulf Stream north-- I photographed these "gulf stream orphans" off the coast of Rhode Island, and the folks who collect them. There are plenty of things I would have changed had time permitted, but I'm not unhappy with the final product as it was published. Hit play below or read the full article here.




I shot tons of photos for this; 3 ran in print here, and 4 ran in the int'l edition. I'm also doing a voiceover myself and re-editing the audio to make a package for my radio class. You might see this stuff in the future as well, but check this out for now.

1 comment:

Sarah Gatzke said...

ahhhhhh i love it! one of our freelancers, mark, did the CSM gig a while back and loved it too. this story is so cute and amazing and fabulous!