Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Travel Photography: People of Sanski Most, Bosnia

Here are some pictures of people I saw and met in Sanski Most, a town in northwest Bosnia and Herzegovina. It's friendly and lively and full of beauty and good humor mixed with grief and lingering frustration from the recent war. Beautiful and complicated, full of photojournalistic fodder. I hope to go back someday. I'm jealous of my host, who works as sort of a cultural ambassador there. I recently contributed photos for him to use in a website promoting tourism and cultural opportunities in the region. It seemed like a good excuse to share some of them here, all shot during my visit in August.






You might also be interested in this photo post from our hike to a waterfall near Sanski Most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with the people who stayed and came back to Sanski Most and how they have rebuilt their city.

I lived in Sanski Most in 1996 and although the war had ended people were just getting started with life again.

I revisited Sanski Most in 2011 and I can say I am proud of all they have done.