Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks with Local, Kosher, and Ethically-raised Turkeys

I shot this story around this time last year. It's about a group of Jews in Boston who wanted local, Kosher meat for their Thanksgiving celebrations. They spent a day on a farm, where they watched the ritual slaughter and helped to de-feather the turkeys by hand. For more details, see the captions with the images. They were a lovely, caring, and socially-aware group of people. I am thankful to have had the opportunity to spend a day with them.

Warning: Some images in the slideshow are somewhat graphic, and not for the faint-of-heart.



Happy Thanksgiving to all of you-- local and non-local, Kosher and non-Kosher, turkey-eaters and non-turkey-eaters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, that's amazing. I wish I had gone to a farm to get my own turkey. I love it. And you! Happy THanksgiving :) -vsg