Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Granny D in the Spotlight

I was having trouble convincing my flash to sync with my camera, so I decided to get creative at Granny D's birthday party. I'm still not sure whether I love this photo, but I love the fact that I work at a paper that encourages a different take on situations where the typical photo op is so obvious. This one ran lead on the page, and it's up on the board of Photos of the Month.



Doris 'Granny D' Haddock speaks with the media as she celebrates her 100th birthday at a party in the Governor's Executive Council Chambers at the New Hampshire State House in Concord on January 28, 2010. (Concord Monitor photo/Sarah Beth Glicksteen)

1 comment:

Dennis Burke said...

Doris (Granny D) is with me in Arizona right now. I'm going to show her this really beautiful photo... she will love it as do I.
Dennis Michael Burke