Friday, November 6, 2009

Such a beautiful country.

I kept my camera pointed out the window when I flew from San Francisco to Boston a couple of weeks ago after a weekend in Vegas celebrating my grandma's 80th birthday (who takes direct flights anymore, really?).

I spoke with an older woman who was so excited to have a window seat a couple of rows up from me. "I always feel like a child when I fly," she said, "We live in such a beautiful country."

I've been feeling the weight of a couple of national tragedies today, so it seems like a nice time to remember that.


San Francisco


Sierra-Nevada mountains.

(It doesn't hurt to note that this post is taking a page from shooting from the hip. Scott Strazzante, one of my favorite photographers-- and also one of the nicest people you'll ever meet-- posts photos from his flights on his blog when he travels on assignment. I enjoy them.)

2 comments:

JoJo said...

Those are beautiful shots. Used to live in SF in the 90's. You take fantastic photos!

..WW.. said...

w o w

too much !!!!!

www.fairstreetnewport.blogspot.com