Thursday, June 4, 2009

Curious Pooch

First day of my internship at the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, my editor sent me out to look for standalone features. He said he was just seeing how I did with a deadline (I had about an hour and a half).

I should have told him about BU's legendary one mile dashes to and from Fenway, when Joe Lippincott gave us forty minutes to sweet talk our way into the ballpark, shoot, edit, caption, and print. That went well.

Anyway, this ran in the local section yesterday, above the headline "Curious Pooch". You can also see it in yesterday's daily photo gallery.


Laurie Stankay (right) and Ashley Albertson react as Albertson's pug, Abby, meets Autumn Delellis. Stankay and her daughter-in-law, Delellis, stopped to talk to Abby in downtown Greensburg because they have similar black pugs. (Sarah Beth Glicksteen/Tribune-Review)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot! It sounds like Pittsburgh is working out well... how´s the Post-Gazette?
-Eddie