Monday, August 4, 2008

Carry & Conceal video on Jacksonville.com

I actually finished editing this video on a concealed weapons permit class at a gun show about a week ago. It was supposed to run alongside a story on the second amendment ruling that kept getting pushed back. I thought the reporter was going to do a voiceover about halfway through to link some of the parts together, and, looking at it now, not all of the visuals make total sense. I think it's still a decent piece-- there are a couple of things I would change if I had endless amounts of time but I think I did a pretty good job with what I had to work with.

This was the most challenging video edit I've had all summer for a number of reasons. Luckily each of those reasons taught me something useful or valuable, either about editing or shooting. Also, the head videographer at the T-U looked it over before publishing it and gave me this really great and genuine-feeling compliment, saying how impressed she was at how I'd put it together to make a logical storyline. She knew it was tough. That felt good.



It's basically self-explanatory but I did want to make two notes-- If you can't read the writing on the sign with the picture of Barack Obama in the first clip, it says "He's coming... buy one now while you still can!" Also, please note the pun in the very last clip (after the credits).

No comments: