Thursday, November 20, 2008

Front page photo for real

I photographed people pumping $2/gallon gas for a Monitor story yesterday morning in the freezing cold. It was kind of awkward to lock my bike near a gas station and walk up to it with my camera, but not really a problem. Everyone I talked to was in a good mood because of the low prices, and the photos came out fine. They were up on entry to the homepage and also on the front page of the print edition-- jury's out on which is more exciting.

I asked about copyright to post entire pages where my photos appear in print to my blog, which opened up a huge can of worms. If you happen to be near a newspaper box that has the Monitor in it, at least take a peek, because my front page photo actually ran bigger in print than it did online! Also stay tuned for news on how this blog will look in the future. For now here's a screen shot of csmonitor.com from earlier today when my photo (which appeared on an inside page with the jump of the story in print) was up on entry. Click through to read the story and see my cover photo. Pretty boring assignment, but seeing my byline on the cover of a national newspaper is cool no matter how you look at it.

No comments: